Celebration of Isaiah Silva’s Life

Fabiola Luna

A few weeks ago, one of our former Cowboy Isaiah unfortunately lost his life. The following messages are kind words about Isaiah and the impact he left on the Chino High School staff: 

“Isaiah was the kind a student that made coming to work so fun! Every day he would walk by me in the quad and go out of his way to say hello! A very sweet kid with a huge heart! He will be missed by so many and I pray for his family, friends and those whose lives he touched. Once a Cowboy, Always a Cowboy!” – Principal, John Miller 

“I am so saddened to hear the news about our student Isaiah. He will be missed. His counselor, Mr. Aragon expressed that Isaiah was one of the sweetest 9th graders that he had met. Mr. Aragon says that Isaiah always had a smile and was polite and courteous to everyone around him. He always put others before himself. His big heart and kind nature was something that always stood out in Isaiah. Isaiah would greet Mr. Aragon and many of us in the mornings. Mr. Aragon would look forward to these greetings everyday. Isaiah left a lasting impact on teachers, students and staff and will be forever missed.”- Assistant Principal, Anna Purcell 

I didn’t know Isaiah, but his older brother Jonah was one of the nicest, most respectful students I ever had.  Jonah knew I was a big LA Rams fan, so he bought me a full-size Rams helmet poster that will continue to hang on my wall behind my teacher desk.  I’m sure Isaiah was a kind and respectful young man just like his brother Jonah. – Teacher, Clyde Colinco  

“Isaiah was one of the sweetest 9th graders that I’ve met. He always had a smile and was polite and courteous to everyone around him. He always put others before himself. His big heart and kind nature was something that always stood out in Isaiah.  He would always greet me in the mornings and in the afternoons which is something that I always looked forward to. Isaiah left a lasting impact on teachers, students, and staff and will be forever missed.  Once a Cowboy, Always a Cowboy!” – Isaiah’s Counselor, Rigo Aragon 

“I had the pleasure to work with Isaiah a handful of times and every time I got to work with Isaiah he left a lasting impression on me. If you know you know Isaiah you know about his positive attitude and his contagious smile, that always made you want to smile. I can’t say enough nice things about Isaiah. I want to send my deepest condolences to Isaiah’s family and his friends. Please know that Chino High School is here for you and do not hesitate to reach out. Isaiah you are truly missed.” – Counselor, Todd Pollara