Cowgirls Get a Kick Out of the Competition

George Minjarez, Sports Editor

The Chino Cowgirls Varsity soccer team played their second league game of the season against the Diamond Bar Brahma. The game took place at Chino high school on Thursday January 9th with the game beginning at 5 p.m. 

The game started off with Diamond Bar gaining the upper hand by scoring two goals early in the first half of the game. The Chino Cowgirls did manage to break the Brahmas defense and score a goal of their own. The first half of the game ended with the Brahmas scoring another goal making the score of the game 3 to 1 with Diamond Bar winning the half.  

The first half of the game saw the Chino Cowgirls defense fall short allowing the Brahmas to take the half. The second half of the game however saw the Cowgirls step up their game on both offense and defense. Both teams seemed to be matching each other on all fronts. 

The second half of the game saw the Chino Cowgirl’s out play the Brahma’s defense allowing them to score two goals in the half.  Although the Cowgirls put up a fight against the Brahmas, they were unable to prevent Diamond Bar from scoring two goals.   

The Diamond Bar Brahmas claimed victory over the Cowgirls with a two-goal lead. The final score of the game was 5 to 3 with the Cowgirls taking the loss and making their overall record being 4 wins and 7 losses and their league record being 0 wins and 3 losses.