Fall Sports Comes To An End

Jorge Torres, Journalist

This fall, sports at Chino High was filled with many ups and downs such as wins and losses for the girl Tennis, boys Water Polo, Cross Country, and Football. 

The football team faced off against the Colton High football team in their house. The final score being 27-7, with Colton taking the win. As the weeks went by, the Chino Cowboys went on to face their biggest rival, the Don Lugo Conquistadors. This took place at Don Lugo High School on October 25. This rivalry game has been going on for years, but in the end the Conquistadors won 15-14. Chino overall record was 4-6 and the team was second to last in the Mt. Baldy League. 

The Chino Boys’ Water Polo team had an overall record of 8-16 this season. With a new coach, they struggled to reclaim their legacy. This was one of the team worst season in years. It was also the first time in years the team didn’t make it to playoffs.  

The girl’s tennis had a great season. On September 3, they went on to face the Ontario Christian Knights. The final score was 15-3 with Chino girl’s taking the win. Later, they went on to play for the championship match where they manage to take the win. For the season they went on to have an overall record of 9-8. 

On September 9 the girls’ varsity Cross Country finished 4th place at Mt. Baldy league meet for the first meet of the season. Also, they took 3rd place for Mt. Baldy League Finals where they were able to earn get 66 points. Lastly, the girls are going to compete for the CIF Prelims at the Riverside Cross-Country Course on November 2.