Excitement over First Home Varsity Football Game  

Melanie Hernandez, Photo Editor, Opinion Editor

Chino High’s varsity football team took the win with a score of (49- 10) over Artesia on September 6th in Chino’s stadium. The anticipation was high as it was the Cowboys first varsity home game of the 2019-2020 season. Students and parents lined up outside the stadium to buy their tickets for the game, as they were eager to see the players in action. The players were just as eager to play in their own home turf. 

Linebacker, Andre Alvarado told the Lariat, “My teammates and I have been practicing hard and the new coaches have really been pushing us to do our best this season.” Alvarado stated how excited and ready him, and his teammates were ready to play their first home game.  

The gates opened at 7 p.m. and the stands filled up with parents and students. The student section was especially quick to fill up. 

As the night went on, the more enthusiasm was felt throughout the stadium, especially in the Cowboy Country section.

ASB did a fantastic job at rallying the students up with chants and prizes. This was single-handedly was many people’s favorite part. 

Valerie Guiterrez, a senior at Chino told the Lariat, “My favorite part about these games are all the chants and school spirit because it shows the support we have for our team.”

While this season is not predictable, it’s clear to say that no matter what happens this season, the cowboys will have everyone’s support.