The Lariat

Williams Represents Chino High at All Star Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gilbert Sanchez, Co-Opinion Editor

Daijah Williams is a member of the girls’ volley ball team who was invited to play on the Inland Empire All Star Classic Volley ball team for a game which took place at Summit High School in Fontana on Sunday the ninth.

She was the only Chino player who was invited.

Daijah was among the select few volleyball players chosen to play in the event. Players are nominated by their head coaches, and then voted on by a group of other coaches.

“Only the best of the best from the Inland Empire are selected,” said Heather Inglima.

Going into the event Daijah, who plays outside hitter on the Chino girls’ volleyball team, showed a great deal of spirit and motivation. She also showed high self-confidence knowing that she would represent Chino in an important event such as this.

“I am very excited. It’s really nerve racking, but it’s still going to be fun.”

Despite her hard effort, her team still lost, but she carried on the same determination that she had before the start of the game.

“It was really fun. All the girls were good (players), it was fun playing with them. I think I did good” said Daijah after the event. “Just play your heart out. Keep practicing until you’re as good as everyone else.”

It doesn’t matter whether one of our Cowboys wins or loses. What matters is that a cowboy like Daijah will carry the Chino spirit to any place they go and give it their all in playing. Let’s cheer on our All Star!

About the Writer
Gilbert Sanchez, co-opinion editor

Gilbert Sanchez is the co-opinion Editor of the Lariat newspaper. Gilbert is hardworking and is dedicated to producing quality work. He will finish any...