The Lariat

Fires Up North

Rachel Riddle, News Editor

More than two weeks after the deadliest fire in California to date, left at least 82 people dead and over 14,000 homes destroyed, officials announced that the fire has been completely contained.  

The fire started November 8 and stretched more than 153,000 acers, destroying over 18,000 structures. 

The recent rain in that area helped put out the fire, before there was rain, the prediction for the fire to be put out was November 30. 

There are still 249 people reported missing and even though the fire is out, 1,000 firemen are on the site to search for them. 

The fire has been described as the most devastating fire is California history. 

Many residents in the area had to evacuate their house, some of whom were celebrities such as the Kardashians, Lady Gaga, and Will Smith. 

The celebrities had tweeted out about the evacuation and sent prayers to families who had lost loved ones in the fire. 

Celebrity Kim Kardashian West tweeted out “I heard the flames have hit our property at our home in Hidden Hills but now are more contained and have stopped at the moment. It doesn’t seem like it is getting worse right now, I just pray the winds are in our favor. God is good. I’m just praying everyone is safe.” 

About the Writer
Rachel Riddle, News Editor

Rachel Riddle is a freshman. She enjoys spending time with her friends, playing volleyball and softball, and also she likes watching Netflix when she has...