The Lariat

2018 Homecoming Court

Ashlee Vasquez

Last Friday night, Chino High homecoming court members Gavin Hutson and Natalie Tapia were crowned king and queen at the football game against Diamond Bar High. 

Court nominees were voted in through the web on September 18th. Many members utilized social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat to promote themselves. Friends of the nominees urged others to vote for their fellow cowboys and girls as well. 

“It felt really special to see that I have some people that genuinely care about me”, said court member Aaron Frank when asked about his friends’ support. 

On Wednesday, September 19th, each homecoming court member was announced at the night rally. The court included students Aaron Frank, Jewel Valdez, James Nucci, Mia Sanchez, Brianna Mills, Phillip Sierra, Natalie Tapia, Gavin Hutson, and Priscilla Lizarraga. 

The following week, various activities were held by ASB in the quad at lunch in preparation for the homecoming game, all of which the court members attended. These included team-building games such as obstacle courses, water balloon tosses, four-square, and more. 

Voting for king and queen took place that Thursday, and their majesties Gavin and Natalie were crowned at the annual homecoming football game the night afterwards.  

About the Writer
Ashlee Vasquez, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Ashlee Vasquez is a freshman at Chino High School and works as a Co-Editor in Chief for The Lariat. She has been involved in band for five years and plans to continue playing throughout her adult life. Going out with friends, listening to music, and watching Shane Dawson on YouTube are a few of her favorite things to do on her free time. Some of her goals include attending USC, owning a snake, and one day growing taller than 5’2. During her time in high school she hopes to make life-long friendships, memories, as well as an impact on her community.