The Lariat

Chino’s Teen Hero

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chino’s Teen Hero

Eric Seliz

Chino High’s very own class of 2018 graduate, Araceli Talavera, has been named “City of Chino’s Teen Hero.” Her achievements and dedication have set a prime example of what a Cowboy should be. 

Araceli was a hard-working student throughout her four years attending Chino High. She challenged herself with many advanced classes and participated in many extracurricular activities. She served as her class president for two consecutive years. 

Outside of school, she was just as motivated. Araceli started as a member of the Teen Advisory Committee and served countless hours of community service. It soon led her to serve as part of the Youth Senators Program, on top of already serving with the Youth Advisory Committee. As of September 18th, 2018, she has been sworn into the City of Chino’s Community Services Commission. 

The young adult was awarded the title, Chino’s Teen Hero, last Wednesday during Chino Day at the L.A. County Fair. 

“I like to believe that everything I do is a testament to the people that I been surrounded with.” said Araceli. 

Araceli currently attends CSUSB under the ROTC program. She majors in Business Administration and hopes to become a well-known photographer in the future.

1 Comment

One Response to “Chino’s Teen Hero”

1. Felicia Ambrosia on February 16th, 2019 6:57 am

Araceli took pictures of our Chino High School yoga class for our school website. Araceli captured the beautiful poise and essence of complete concentration and focus on the faces of our students. Araceli also knew about the subject of yoga because she studied it and initiated many of the wonderful poses depicted on the website.

Araceli is a great example of humanitarianism. This can only be achieved through hard work, dedication, and loyalty. These are life skills taught early on in the home and I’m sure her family is proud of her. I look forward to seeing Araceli become even more successful and carry our Chino name proudly.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Chino High School
Chino’s Teen Hero