The Lariat

Six Week Grades Comes to an End

Randee Velarde

Chino High’s first grading period for the school year ended Friday, September 21st 

These grades reflect how students have performed so far in the school year, and they allow students time for improvement. 

On the other hand, these grades are most stressful for seniors. This is their last year of high school and their grades need to be the best, so seniors strive for passing grades.  

The Lariat asked senior student, Kristofer Sarmiento if he was worried about the outcome of his grades, and if he believes he will improve by the end of the semester. Sarmiento said, “No, however, I am pretty confident my grades are well enough to keep throughout the semester. As long as I have the grades to graduate then I am happy”. 

As for our teachers, they have stresses about grades as well. They must make sure all scores are put in correctly to ensure the students have the proper scores they earned. 

The Lariat asked Mr. Surina if it was stressful for him to make sure he had the correct scores on the correct students. He said, “I don’t think it’s that stressful because I’m always double checking throughout the weeks and not wait till the end to do everything at once”.  

When asked if he felt bad giving students bad grades, and if he believed they would have a chance at improving by the end of the semester. He added, “I don’t feel bad. There is always time to improve. I always take the time before grades to go over with each student to get an opportunity to get caught up”.

About the Writer
Randee Velarde, Entertainment Editor

Senior Randee Velarde is kind and hardworking. She also loves music, Star Wars, Marvel, and sloths. From her room filled with movie and band posters, to her sloth plushies, it shows where her priorities lie. Contributing stories as well as being co-entertainment editor.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Six Week Grades Comes to an End”

1. Anissa on October 4th, 2018 1:59 pm

thanks for this article bff i love this it was helpful!

2. Randee Velarde on October 5th, 2018 1:55 pm

Glad it was 🙂

3. Alexandra Molina on October 5th, 2018 12:13 pm

Omg im so nervous ! thank you for this information!

4. Randee Velarde on October 5th, 2018 1:55 pm

Aw, thank you !

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Chino High School
Six Week Grades Comes to an End