The Lariat

FAFSA/ College Application Workshops

Gilbert Sanchez

Mrs. Chavez and Mrs. Isa, representatives of the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Educational Talent Search (ETS) programs will be hosting a college application submission workshop on October 17th and a FAFSA workshop on October 18th at 5:30pm at Chino High.  

Both workshops will take place in room M70, where students will be able to fill out college applications, as well as FAFSA applications, and submit them to colleges and to the FAFSA organization.  

FAFSA is a federal grant which gives financial aid to students who need funds to continue college education. ETS is a pre-college program which actively encourages high school students to graduate from high school and continue with their higher education.  

Mrs. Chavez stated that FAFSA and ETS are involved with Chino High because “there was a need for information on how to apply to colleges”, and how students can get “free money to continue for that education”.  

For more information on the FAFSA program, you can go to room 5B, where Mrs. Chavez can give you more information on up-coming college prep workshops will be provided, or you can go to www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.com for information on the FAFSA program. 

About the Writer
Gilbert Sanchez, co-opinion editor

Gilbert Sanchez is the co-opinion Editor of the Lariat newspaper. Gilbert is hardworking and is dedicated to producing quality work. He will finish any assignment he is given to completion and strive to earn good grades.

Gilbert was once a member of the Chino Solar Cup Club, a former racing team here at Chino which built large scale solar boats to race in the Nation’s Largest Solar Boat Competition, the “Solar Cup”, in order to promote alternative clean energies such as solar power.

Gilbert’s wants to major in Aerospace Engineering when he gets to college, and his two dream colleges are the University of California Riverside and Cal Poly Pomona, two schools with great engineering programs.

Gilbert Sanchez is not active on social media, but posts once and a while to [email protected], sharing significant parts of his life with the internet world.