The student news site of Chino High School

The Lariat

Amy’s Farm

Jackie Tapia, Reporter

Amy’s Farm, located near the corner of Eucalyptus Avenue and Bon View Avenue in Ontario, is one of the last remaining farms near Chino where you can experience first hand what a real working farm is like.

The City of Chino was once known for two things, the dairy farms and the state prison. The prison still stands, but many of the farms are now gone, having been replaced by homes. With the city growing, Amy’s Farm is a great place “to visit and experience a true operating urban farm” according to their website.

Amy’s Farm offers hands-on, guided tours to visitors of all ages. On these tours guests can learn about: the farm’s half acre garden and how to copy it in their own homes without chemicals, the keeping of the farm’s chickens and the collection of their eggs for consumption, the humane raising and harvesting of pigs and cows for consumption, and the feeding of animals with organic feed and greens from their garden.

The produce grown on the farm can be purchased in their produce stand, the stand is based on an honor system, meaning that there is not a staff member to make sure people are paying, it is based on honesty. The produce for sales changes month to month based on what produce is being harvested. The farm also sells organic-fed pork and grass-fed beef raised on the property, the prices and different cuts offered can be found on their website.

The owners of the farm, Amy, and her husband Brad, own a restaurant in Claremont called Uno Tre Otto. The restaurant only serves produce grown on the farm, and it is delivered fresh every morning.

Amy’s Farm is open Monday through Friday 12P.M.- 2P.M. for public walks on the farm and 9am -5pm on Saturdays. The self-service produce stand is open Mon- Sat 9am-5pm.

Amy’s Farm
7698 Eucalyptus Ave.
Ontario, CA 91762